Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Commercial Property Development and Management
||Senior Property Accountant
||Our client is looking for an experienced accountant to join their team as a Senior Property Accountant. This role involves full-cycle accounting for the properties assigned.
- Maintain general ledgers with multi-cost centres (managed and non-managed);
- Prepare monthly and year end working papers and reporting, annual CAM and financial statements, and partnership financial statements and reporting packages;
- Prepare administrative and property (operating and capital) budget files;
- Prepare operating budget variance analysis and reporting;
- Prepare monthly accruals and adjusting entries;
- Prepare bank and inter-company reconciliations;
- Maintain job cost and capital budget;
- Record internal leasing fees;
- Maintain fixed asset module, including amortization of fixed assets;
- Prepare interim and year end annual audit files and assist with internal audits of centres;
- Assist in preparation of monthly management fees and cash flow statement;
- Prepare monthly GST reconciliations and related remittances;
- Liaise with other disciplines in the organization, i.e. Co-owners, Centre personnel, Treasury, Property Services, Property Financial Administration, etc. as required;
- Assist in the review of accounts payable coding; and
- Assist in other functions within the Controller group.
||Relevant post-secondary is required; currently pursuing and accounting designation is highly desired.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Real estate accounting;
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and JDEdwards;
- Strong analytical skills as well as a high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines; and
- Positive learning attitude and desire to grow professionally.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||A competitive salary package will be offered to the right individual.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada to be considered for this role.