Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Legal Assistant – Litigation
||Our client is looking for an intermediate to senior Legal Assistant to work in their Litigation department. This position will work in a team of two assistants assisting one Partner and two Associates, who practice primarily in the area of insurance defence.
- Manage time, resources, workflow and deadlines of the lawyers - maintaining a filing system for all documents, compiling and organizing materials required for legal professional’s work-in-progress, opening up new files, etc.
- Interact with clients to schedule appointments and exchange information.
- Provide clerical and administrative support such as filing, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, transcribing Dictaphone notes, performing research photocopying and binding materials, etc.
- Draft correspondence and memoranda, including affidavits of documents; compile documents and complete conflict reports.
- Perform client account administration.
||Legal Assistant diploma
To qualify, the successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the legal industry, with a solid background in litigation; experience in insurance defence litigation preferred;
- Strong drafting skills and familiarity with relevant documents;
- Strong document management skills with the ability to learn and use the firm’s document management systems;
- Great attention to detail and sound proofreading skills;
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and take initiative;
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to set priorities while maintaining flexibility; and
- A positive and professional attitude with a team-oriented mindset.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||A competitive salary package will be offered to the right individual.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada to be considered for this role.