Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||A leading technology company servicing the oil and gas industry.
||Our client is seeking an experienced Lawyer to focus on contract and commercial law reporting to the VP, Legal & Corporate Secretary. The successful candidate will deal with commercial legal matters and be responsible for drafting and negotiating customer and supplier contracts, as well as licensing, development and distribution agreements with an IP focus. This role will also assist in certain transactions, advise management on strategy for a range of issues, report on transactions being managed by external counsel and work with the senior management team on a regular basis to assist with potential risks and legal issues. Complex commercial work has traditionally be conducted by external firms, though the demand for commercial law expertise in-house has increased and is expected to continue to grow with the business’ activity.
- Work directly with business development, research & development and product management groups to support their initiatives with a focus on technology agreements;
- Manage the review process for in-house and outsourced customer master service agreements;
- Manage contractual relationship guidelines and provide contract review for Supply Chain;
- Provide project support to both legal and non-legal projects, as appropriate;
- Liaise with general counsel and senior management as appropriate or required;
- Build a strong working relationship with contract departments associated with customers, as well as sales, business development, research & development and product management teams;
- Assist with certain corporate transactions;
- Liaise with external counsel where appropriate in commercial transactions; and
- Create legal plans and frameworks for processes with a view to maximizing efficiencies.
- 7 plus years of solid commercial law experience; experience at a tier one firm in the commercial law department or in an in-house role would be an asset;
- Exposure to IP and technology licensing would be an asset;
- Must have experience working directly with multiple clients as well as demonstrable experience in drafting legal advice on substantive issues;
- Ability to analyze complex problems and consider multiple viewpoints;
- Effective time and project management skills; able to evaluate information quickly, prioritize effectively and work well under pressure;
- Proactive approach to risk management and legal problem-solving;
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate legal concepts concisely and clearly;
- Must have a practical attitude and ability to prioritize risks in varying degrees of importance
- Pragmatic and willing to design creative and non-legal solutions when appropriate.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||A competitive salary package will be offered to the right individual. Our client places a heavy emphasis on lifestyle both at work and outside of work. The company has many perks in terms of fitness, social events, fun, imagination and building a sense of “community”.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada to be considered for this role.