Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Legal Assistant – Litigation
||Our client currently has an opening in their Calgary office for a Legal Assistant in the area of Litigation. This position will involve assisting one Partner.
- Daily correspondence
- Drafting and filing Court documents
- Conducting Court Searches
- Opening and closing of files
- Liaise between client and lawyer
- Prepare and organize financial disclosure
- Monthly bill preparation and payments
- Typing dictation for preparation of correspondence and documents
- Scheduling appointments, meetings and court dates
- Diarization and organization of files
- Collection of accounts receivable
- Other legal duties as required
||Legal Assistant diploma.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience as a litigation legal assistant
- Experience in Civil Litigation, Family Law, and Estate Litigation an asset
- Working knowledge of legal procedures and precedents, processes and documentation
- Ability to multitask, take initiative, establish priorities, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, WordPerfect, and billing software
- Ability to remain productive in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||A competitive salary package will be offered to the right individual.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada to be considered for this role.