Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Legal Assistant – Litigation
||Our client is looking for an experienced Legal Assistant for their Calgary office. This position will involve assisting two Lawyers in the Litigation Practice Group.
- Manage time, resources, workflow and deadlines of the lawyers - maintaining a filing system for all documents, compiling and organizing materials required for legal professional’s work-in-progress, opening up new files, etc
- Interact with clients to schedule appointments and exchange information
- Provide clerical and administrative support such as filing, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, transcribing Dictaphone notes, performing research photocopying and binding materials, etc
- Draft correspondence and memoranda, including affidavits of documents; compile documents and complete conflict reports
- Perform client account administration
||Legal Assistant diploma
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the legal industry, with a solid background in litigation
- Strong drafting skills and familiarity with relevant documents
- Strong document management skills with the ability to learn and use the firm’s document management systems
- Great attention to detail and sound proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and take initiative
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to set priorities while maintaining flexibility
- Proficiency in MS Office
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||A competitive salary package will be offered to the right individual.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada to be considered for this role.