Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Legal Assistant – Corporate/Banking
||Our client currently has an opening in their Calgary office for a Legal Assistant in their Corporate practice group. This position is to assist two lawyers in the area of banking law.
- Managing the practices of the lawyers, including managing time, resources, workflow and deadlines
- Interact with clients to schedule appointments and exchange information
- Provide administrative support providing for complex financial transactions, drafting various agreements required for such transactions, financing strategies and the various business needs of clients
- General administrative support, including making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, performing research photocopying and binding materials
- Draft correspondence and memoranda
- Perform client account administration
||Legal Assistant diploma
To qualify, the successful candidate must have:
- 3+ years experience as a Legal Assistant with a strong background in corporate/commercial law; experience specifically in banking law ideal
- Superior writing, proofreading, and technical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong client service focus
- Ability to organization and time management skills
- The ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment and produce high quality work under tight deadlines
- A positive and professional attitude with a team-oriented mindset
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||A competitive salary package will be offered to the right individual.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada to be considered for this role.