If you are interested in this job, please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend, using the links at the bottom of this page.
Don’t have time to visit our Job Portal everyday? Sign up with our Fuze HR Job Messenger and receive email notifications of new job opportunities.
ApplyTell A Friend
||VP of Technology and Operations
|JD on Website
||VICE PRESIDENT OF TECHNOLOGY AND OPERATIONS
Our client is one of the TOP PR firms around the global and are pushing boundaries using the latest social media and digital tools to position themselves at the forefront of technology! They are currently seeking a Vice President of Technology and Operations to join their growing Canadian team. Reporting to the National Digital Lead, this role will be responsible for maintaining the overall business direction for the technology team, partnering effectively with clients and US partners, and leading a talented team of technical resources in Montreal.
• Maintain overall business direction and vision by developing strategic business roadmap in coordination with various Canadian and US business
• Ensure continuous involvement in marketplace trends and changes and adapts
• Estimate timing and budget for potential new business opportunities & budgeting for annual technology upgrades
• Work with Finance to resolve outstanding invoices for technology vendors and temporary resources
• Manage monthly billing worksheets
• Oversee a team of developers, QA analysts and business managers based in Montreal
• Act as a senior level counterpart to internal and external client leadership
• Create technical solutions with core team and development partners
• Write project technical documentation for internal/client reference and functional and technical briefs
• Collaborate with fellow Technical Directors to standardize technical solution procedures.
• Research and suggest new technologies and platforms.
• Manage day-to-day development of internal technical teams and external technical partners toward successful deliverables.
• Act as the primary technical contact for clients and delegating work to developers or development partners.
• Coach and motivate junior staff
• Challenge staff to ensure they work on a variety of projects
• Complete reviews when appropriate; contribute to performance appraisal process for peers and managers
• Ensure goals and expectations are clear and that team members are consistently measured and rewarded for achieving them
• Empower team members through building talent development plans and paths for team
• Assist in recruiting, interviewing and selecting of personnel
• MANDATORY: technology management experience in a digital agency environment
• Experience working with hardware architects to ensure a scalable software solution.
• Experience with Web analytics platforms and CMS experience
• Social Media experience a plus, (blogging, social network APIs and mobile)
• Some travel may be expected.