If you are interested in this job, please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend, using the links at the bottom of this page.
Don’t have time to visit our Job Portal everyday? Sign up with our Fuze HR Job Messenger and receive email notifications of new job opportunities.
ApplyTell A Friend
||YUL Station Manager
|JD on Website
||YUL Station Manager
Our client was established in the early 1980’s as a domestic freight forwarder with a focus on expedited air freight. Today there are a full service logistics provider servicing all continents. With headquarters in Washington DC and branch offices in the USA, Canada, Holland and Pakistan they are growing at a rapid rate offering the latest technology and world class services.
They are currently recruiting for an experienced professional to manage and facilitate the growth of the Montreal office. This includes client relationship building, account maintenance and continuous follow up. Future development of this position will include regional management of the Canadian operations.
- Marketing and managing transportation, warehousing, packaging, and logistics services to existing and potential clientele.
- Manage all staff and station profit/loss.
- Including training, budgeting, hiring/firing, planning, mentoring, and supporting developing account executives, other staff, and ensuring efficient day to day operations.
- Station revenue objectives will be a direct responsibility of the station manager.
- Work closely with and report to corporate management and local staff to ensure appropriate/adequate market penetration and adequate profitability.
- Establishment and maintenance of necessary licenses and certifications.
- Play a major role in the development of the Canadian operations.
- Act as Branch security coordinator and ensure compliance with Transport Canada, and other regulatory agency security and compliance regulations.
- Minimum 5 years direct Air & Ocean import & export experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Windows, MAC OSX, MS Office.
- Experience with Cargowise EDI is an asset.
- Ability to keep up with fast paced changes in the transportation & logistics.
- Strong organizational skills to ensure accurate & timely completion of responsibilities.
- Ability to professionally communicate with customers and vendors in reference to questions and discrepancies, service failures, business opportunities, etc.
- Promote and ensure strong team environment.
- Directly involved in hiring, firing, review process for station personnel.
- Ability to manage team members.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations and rebound to keep up moral.
||Supply Chain & Logistics