If you are interested in this job, please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend, using the links at the bottom of this page.
Don’t have time to visit our Job Portal everyday? Sign up with our Fuze HR Job Messenger and receive email notifications of new job opportunities.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Head of Logistics
|JD on Website
||Head of Logistics
Our customer is the Global Leader in International Freight Forwarding and Worldwide Contract Logistics. Founded in 1890’s with 500 locations in more than 80 countries, they deliver integrated solutions across the supply chain that creates competitive advantages for their customers.
The Head of Logistics is responsible for the execution and profitable delivery of the Trucking, Warehousing and Distribution services. The successful candidate will design, develop and grow in a profitable and sustainable manner with P&L responsibility.
- Ensure a high quality of operational performance standards resulting in customer satisfaction
- Responsible for the daily performance and productivity of the warehouse (inbound/outbound, damages, claims, personnel, administration, customer service)
- Lead the Trucking and distribution products to ensure service and profitability at all times
- Finance reporting and analysis of costs, revenue, on a monthly basis
- Collaborate and support the Management Team
- Collaborate with the Area Logistics Team and subsequent initiative
- Ensure proper training and education of the department staff and procure cross-training.
- Evaluate staff performance on a regular basis.
- Interview new staff members and recommend candidates for hire.
- Assist Sales Department in promoting new business by supporting joint sales calls and providing costing for any new inquiries
- Budget preparation for corresponding costs centers
- Ensure Subcontractor management is in place and monitored.
- Minimum 5 years of Logistics experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in people management and leadership, including recruitment, training & development, coaching, conflict and performance management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing a P&L
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
- Strong computer skills regarding Warehousing Management Systems (WMS) and MS Office
- SAP Experience would be an Asset
- Profound knowledge of the warehousing and distribution industry as well as trends, opportunities and markets (customers, competitors, suppliers, overall environment)
- Strong knowledge of local laws and regulations; warehouse activities and value-added services; financial reporting and analysis; controlling and KPI
- Ability to lead and develop high performing teams
- Ability to communicate openly and confidently
- Ability to influence and convince others in a way that results in acceptance and agreement
||Supply Chain & Logistics