If you are interested in this job, please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend, using the links at the bottom of this page.
Don’t have time to visit our Job Portal everyday? Sign up with our Fuze HR Job Messenger and receive email notifications of new job opportunities.
ApplyTell A Friend
|JD on Website
||Our client’s reputation has been built on the ability to utilize the right mix of specialized technical skills to produce innovative custom solutions within the lighting industry for over 20 years. Due to tremendous growth over the last few years, they are recruiting for a Sales Engineer.
The Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the field sales force, agents and referred engineers, architects and lighting designers. The Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. When requested follows the Special Project approval process to propose and get approval with sales and engineering support.
• Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating project cost reductions, accelerated installation methods, and performance improvements.
• Supports the project management team order management and sales drawing processes by conferring with technical support staff; costing, engineering and supply chain as needed.
• Develops Quotations and project management staff by providing technical information and training.
• Assures customers have the knowledge to comply with federal, state, provincial and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; utility rebates and approval processes.
• Informing customers on request basis about future legislation; providing advice to customers and quotations on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
• Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales requests to provide marketing and engineering insight for product features and application trends.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations;
• Recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Provides sales technical and application support to agents, sales team and referred engineers, architects and lighting designers.
• Provides technical support as required to quotations, project management, marketing and engineering
• End to end technical support Project support process
• Education : Engineering, Architecture, Lighting Design or other technical education, NCQLP LC Certification
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a lighting application or design role.
• Software: AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, AGI32 or other lighting application design software
• A strong architectural sense
• A solid understanding of lighting and controls application design
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in a team setting