Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Customer Service Representative (TMP)
||Trail Contact Centre
||COPE - Customer Care
||Full Time Temporary
|Approximate End Date for Temporary Job
|COPE Pay Group
|Salary/Rate of Pay
||$17.29-$19.65 per hour
||Represents FortisBC in the provision of prompt, accurate and courteous customer service; gathers customer information through telephone or electronic media and translates information into a successful customer experience in accordance with established customer service competency requirements, related procedures, quality standards and work measures
||• Attends to inbound and/or initiates outbound contacts to current or potential customers for new and existing services related to full meter to cash cycle including but not limited to, billing, account and collections information and the promotion of products, programs and services including upgrading existing products and services. Captures information related to reported payments and promises to pay and makes payment arrangements on overdue accounts.
• Processes new customer applications, existing customer moves, designated payment plan enrolments including cancellation and/or changes to equal payment plan and/or direct debit payment plan. Collects and records customer information including customer identifiers, credit details, emergency contact information, co-tenants, appliances used, etc.
• Responds to requests regarding rate changes, high bills, estimated consumption, field work and meter reading, privacy, energy efficiency programs, collection policies, related tariffs, customer choice program, etc.; explains related policies and procedures including specific terms and conditions of tariffs relating to billing, meter reading and collections.
• Contacts customers and schedules appointments for meter exchanges and other customer service field work including following up with customers on schedule changes.
• Utilizes designated computer systems/software applications to obtain, maintain, prepare and process customer information and requests, initiate field work orders including check reads, meter investigations and reconnection of service. Sends/receives e-mail, navigates through relevant websites and completes forms, etc.
• Resolves customer complaints related to service quality and other related matters including high bills, estimated consumption, collections policies, etc.; gathers pertinent information to identify problems/issues and nature of complaint, records complaint information, attempts to resolve, refers to other departments and/or escalates matter to others.
• Responds to emergency calls; provides and obtains information in accordance with established emergency procedures, enters information into standardized templates/forms to initiate work order for immediate action/dispatch.
• Processes customer fulfilment requests including payment plan application forms, meter reading schedules, financial and consumptions histories, brochures, etc. Provides support to marketing initiatives including customer surveys and campaigns; processes applications for customer rebates and credits. Completes off contact customer requests and data entry.
• Regularly reviews learning materials and participates in training activities to ensure current knowledge of customer service practices and procedures to enable the effective performance of tasks.
• Performs other related duties as required.
||• Grade 12, completion of courses in customer relations and business communications plus 6 months recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Fast and accurate keyboarding/data entry skills with strong computer navigation skills
• Demonstrated ability to utilize a customer focused approach to handling difficult customer interactions, resolving problems and building customer relationships
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
• Demonstrated ability to utilize software applications in use in the department
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete work within demanding work schedules
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.