Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Full Time Regular
A Journeyman Electrician is expected to discharge the responsibility of and to practice fully his/her trades qualification.
A Journeyman Electrician reports to a staff supervisor or delegate.
||Duties & Responsibilities
1. Carry out proper construction, installation, repairs and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment, apparatus, electronic and supervisory controls, meters and protective relays.
2. Under the direction of person-in-control carry out system switching and manually operate generating units in Power Generating Operations.
3. When required perform “Standby” duties.
4. Assist in training new employees, apprentices and employees in lower classifications.
5. Perform duties normally carried out by a lower classification employee.
1. Holder of a Canadian Interprovincial Electrician’s Certificate or an Electrical Trades Qualification Certificate.
2. Be familiar with and experienced in electric utility systems, equipment, apparatus and protective devices and their clearances and isolation procedures.
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.