Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
||Infrastructure Planning Specialist
||1. Creates and maintains an Infrastructure Roadmap by researching and recommending future IT infrastructure technology architecture based on FortisBC business and technology needs, strategic fits, industry best practices, and product capabilities. Performs IT infrastructure capacity planning, technology evaluations and recommendations in conjunction with Enterprise Architecture, IT Applications and business units as necessary. Develops long-term technology lifecycle strategy for IT infrastructure domains such as desktop hardware and software, storage and data recovery, server and data center, voice and data technology, network and security, and communication and collaboration.
2. Using the IT Infrastructure Technology Roadmap, identifies and prioritizes IT infrastructure initiatives to plan appropriate projects. Identifies functional and technical requirements, defines project scope, identifies project resourcing requirements and develops project budget estimates. Prepares business cases for project funding approval.
3. Manages a portfolio of IT Infrastructure projects, in coordination with external service providers and suppliers to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of business technology initiatives. Develops communication strategy regarding the infrastructure upgrade/change plans, site impacts, transition plans and responsibilities of all. Identifies potential conflicts arising from policies, standards and guidelines, or technology architecture, and recommends solutions for resolution. Identifies technical change management activities, and participates in quality control reviews and production turnover activities.
4. Analyzes and processes complex IT infrastructure requests to ensure that the specified technology is appropriate for the clients’ needs, and that the technology will operate in FortisBC’s IT infrastructure environment. Determines the technology requirements and assesses the impact of the request, advising on alternatives and specifying the technical work in detail for FortisBC service delivery partners. Approves the technology requests when appropriate and ensures that the submitted requests are completed as required.
5. Develops and maintains workflow procedures and processes, as well as IT guidelines, standards and policies such as security guidelines and policies related to the acceptable use of IT assets, desktop and server hardware and operating system standards, and server and storage virtualization guidelines.
6. Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
||1. Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or Business Administration (with an IT emphasis).
2. Five (5) years directly related relevant work experience.
3. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of end-user computing, data center, server and virtualization, data storage and backup, networking, telecommunications, security and peripherals.
4. Demonstrated superior interpersonal and customer service skills.
5. Demonstrated superior written and oral communications and presentation skills.
6. Demonstrated excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
7. Demonstrated competency in managing small to medium sized projects.
8. Demonstrated ability to analyze problems.
9. Valid Class 5 British Columbia Driver’s license.