Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Street Team - Victoria
||FortisBC is recognized as a major player in British Columbia's energy sector. We're responsible for safely, efficiently and reliably distributing gas that warms homes, cooks meals and heats water in 135 BC communities.
We are looking for outgoing, enthusiastic and reliable individuals to represent FortisBC at community-based events throughout Victoria. This role will include promoting our energy efficiency and customer programs, interacting with customers and answering queries.
As a member of the FortisBC Street Team, you will be responsible for set up and tear down at events. This part-time temporary position requires weekend and evening work, including statutory holidays.
The successful candidate will be fluent in English (knowledge of a second language would be an asset), must be personable and enjoy interacting with the public, and must possess a valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
In addition to the multiple FortisBC Street Team positions, we will require a FortisBC Street Team Lead, who will be responsible for supervising the street team, ensure that the booth is adequately staffed, and provide feedback and event reports to the Marketing Specialist at the end of each event.
||• Be a highly motivated, self starter with initiative and dedication to job responsibilities
• Be very outgoing and personable with a positive attitude and good sense of humour
• Possess strong oral, interpersonal and written communications skills
• Enjoy public speaking and interacting with the public
• Be currently reenrolled in or recently graduated from post secondary school preferred
• Have experience with computers and MS applications
• Possess a valid driver’s license with no restrictions
||• Previous customer service experience considered an asset
• Knowledge of a second language considered an asset
• Physical demands – this position requires lifting, carrying and assembly of items and displays weighing up to 50 lbs on a regular basis. Physical ability to set up display materials and tents, prolonged standing (4 to 8 hours at a time), bending and reaching during the shift is also required.
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.