Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
||Field Operations Assistant
||Part Time Temporary
|Approximate End Date for Temporary Job
|COPE Pay Group
|# of Positions Available
|Reason for Posting
||DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Descriptions are intended to describe only the principal duties and responsibilities of a position. They are not meant to be either an inclusive or exclusive list of all work, tasks and functions of any particular job.
1. Provides administrative and clerical support for the area and acts as an assistant to manager(s) Duties include:
a) intercepts and processes clerical technical/administrative inquiries and considers complex alternatives to determine corrective action;
b) prepares and/or composes a variety of correspondence, reports, presentation materials, charts and forms;
c) determines processing priorities and/or consults with others as appropriate, acts to meet deadlines and/or follows up with others to ensure deadlines are met;
d) reviews incoming correspondence, acts on when appropriate and/or redirects to the appropriate place/ person;
e) develops and communicates office procedures with Manager to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of office;
f) sets up and maintains department filing systems, including creating new files as operations dictate; maintains bring forward files and follows up as required;
g) opens and distributes incoming mail and other related correspondence. Organizes and arranges courier access and drop off to locations for further handling, including locating and flagging file references related to items received; prepares outgoing mail for dispatch;
h) maintains and updates various manuals/books such as Standards;
i) maintains stationery levels and orders forms;
j) maintains a variety of logs, records, information and spreadsheets.
2. Assists management to research, gather information and compile in reports & variance reviews. Uses judgment to determine what information should be utilized in reports. Formats reports, analyzes information, takes action to resolve or advises Manager; utilizes SAP, Business Warehouse and other systems to obtain information.
3. Provides Construction and Operations Support as required.
4. Acts as the main administrative contact for office or department; answers enquiries, answers telephone, arranges meetings, books attendees and facilities, arranges catering, attends meetings and takes minutes.
5. Arranges travel and accommodation reservations for department staff, including obtaining confirmation of reservations, initiating and processing forms to provide issuance of cash advances. Administers petty cash fund by recording transactions and completing reimbursement for approval.
6. Checks and codes documents such as invoices and expense claims:
a) checks and codes invoices for correct work order/account numbers for managerial approval;
b) generate and process expense claims for field crews
7. Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, which do not affect the rating of the job.
1. High school graduation including courses in business communications and office practices. Twelve (12) months directly related experience.
2. Knowledge of computer systems operation, environment and peripherals.
3. Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet software and other applications in use in the department.
4. Knowledge of administrative procedures including work organization, filing systems, mail and communication systems, and office equipment.
5. Keyboarding skills
6. Ability to type 60 words per minute.
7. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
8. Ability to prepare and format various types of correspondence, reports, presentation material, forms, charts and create spreadsheets.
9. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
10. Able to respond to enquiries, research information, analyze and investigate problems.
11. Courteous and professional manner.
12. Demonstrated ability to work without supervision.
13. May require a Valid BC Drivers license.