Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Operations Support Representative 2
||Full Time Temporary
|# of Positions Available
||Operations Support Representatives (“OSR’s”) provide a wide range of support to FortisBC operations. The focus of these roles is administrative support of the end-to-end Order Fulfillment, Operate & Maintain, Emergency, and Meter-to-Cash process steps:
• Initiating and Preparing
• Scheduling and Dispatching
• Field work support and logistics
• Closing and Completing
||May perform all of the duties of the Operations Support Representative 1 (OSR 1) plus the following:
1. Prepares and/or closes job packages (e.g. system surveys, legal plans, plate maps, gas service lists, planning job packages, work orders). Ensures all information required to process a job is complete, accurate, and entered into the appropriate computer system. Monitors the progress of a job from initiation to completion.
2. Composes routine correspondence and types (from draft or verbal instructions and source document references), a variety of material such as letters, memos, reports, diaries, bulletins, manuals, minutes of meetings, forms, summaries, charts and spreadsheets.
3. Processes completed field work orders by ensuring all information is complete, accurate, and entered into the appropriate computer systems.
4. Maintains a variety of manual and electronic file systems including setting up new files, entry and retrieval of data and processing of reports.
5. Responds to routine enquiries and requests from the public, municipal offices, other utilities, various contractors and other departments.
6. Responds in a prompt manner to short notice requests for information including the provision of records information for field emergencies.
7. May provide clerical and administrative support including intercepting and processing administrative enquiries, monitoring work order status and field completion data, supporting variance analysis and reporting.
8. May provide direction to the OSR 1 position
9. Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, which do not affect the rating of the job.
||1. High School graduation including courses in office practices and business communications.
2. Six (6) months directly related relevant work experience.
3. Demonstrated sound organizational skills including the ability to multitask and work under pressure during peak workload periods to meet tight deadlines.
4. Demonstrated sound verbal communication skills including telephone call handling skills.
5. Demonstrated sound written communication skills including the ability to correct spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors as required to prepare and compose a variety of external and internal correspondence and process enquiries.
6. Demonstrated courteous, professional manner in dealing with internal and external contacts including positive interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
7. Demonstrated intermediate level keyboarding skills, including the ability to format various types of correspondence, reports, forms, and charts, and layout electronic spreadsheets.
8. Demonstrated working knowledge of computer systems operations, environment and peripherals. Sound working knowledge of various applications software in use in the department (SAP & suite of MS Office products). Sound knowledge of various software
applications required to support operations activities (e.g. MobileUP, AM/FM, Energy).
9. Demonstrated sound knowledge of field operations (Operate & Maintain, Order Fulfillment, Emergency, Meter to Cash) processes and procedures.
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.