Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||EEC Energy Solutions Manager (Temporary)
||Management & Exempt
|Length of Temporary Job
The primary focus of this role is to increase participation in the Companies’ Energy Efficiency and Conservation (“EEC”) Programs through a direct sales effort with existing and new Commercial and Residential customers. EEC Energy Solutions Managers will be expected to proactively meet and exceed assigned program participation targets related to Residential & Small and Medium Commercial EEC programs
Reporting to the Regional Energy Solutions Manager, this position is responsible for the following:
- Attend and participate in trade shows and home shows, deliver presentations to boards, councils, service groups and industry associations to promote the features and benefits of Fortis BC’s EEC programs.
- Identify and work one-on-one with existing Commercial customers who could benefit from current EEC programs. Assist customers with eligibility criteria and requirements of applicable EEC programs as well as support the customer in the coordination and implementation of the necessary changes to equipment.
- Increase on-main saturation in the Retrofit markets by identifying potential “high Carbon” fuel switching opportunities and targeting specific customers through on main canvassing campaigns, in conjunction with the appropriate EEC Program Manager. Create business cases for such campaigns for approval by the EEC Group.
- Work with Energy Solution Managers and Commercial Industrial Account Managers to promote the EEC programs to the customers in their respective areas.
- Provide feedback to EEC Program Managers to enhance existing programs, and contribute to the development of new programs that support the Companies’ long-term growth strategies
- Provide support to the EEC Program Managers and Fortis BC’s Efficiency Partners in the region to maximize participation in the Companies’ EEC Programs
- Ensure that all equipment on service application is installed, or the appropriate service line charges are billed. Assist with application process, ensure equipment is on eligible equipment list, ensure that all equipment on service application is installed and operational.
- Develop and maintain excellent written and verbal communications with customers, Efficiency Partners and Fortis BC staff
- Utilize the EEC Tracking Report to track prospective and actual EEC program participants on a consistent and ongoing basis as well as update and maintain records in the Demand Side Management System
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales or business from a recognized program
- Minimum of 4-7 years of experience recent and related experience
- Business development skills
- Ability to develop, document and implement strategies which prioritize activities in key areas
- Strategic thinker regarding growth and barriers to growth
- Knowledge of energy solutions applicable to municipal, regional and first Nations communities,
- Strong sales and customer relationship management skills
- A team player, enthusiastic, detail oriented with a clear ability to prioritize activities associated with a number of time sensitive, diverse projects.
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.