Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Full Time Regular
|Human Resources Contact
|Salary/Rate of Pay
|# of Positions Available
|Reason for Posting
||Job Specification: The duties of a Warehouseman are to provide the proper and efficient operation of a store/warehouse or material stock control operations.
||Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the timely shipping and receiving of all material and parts shipments and their quantities and records.
• Maintains adequate stock supplies by issuing material requisitions and local purchase orders.
• Performs record keeping, accounts balancing, inventory control and report preparations, etc.
• Trains new employees and employees in lower classifications, as required.
• Perform duties normally carried out by a lower classification employee.
• In addition to the foregoing, a Warehouseman may be required to transport scrap transformers, become Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certified, maintain a data base of waste apparatus, complete and manage hazardous waste forms, liaise with third-party waste contractors, and maintain PPE for and perform housekeeping work at hazardous waste storage facilities. When a warehouseman is required to perform any of these functions, the Company will provide any and all necessary training.
• In addition to the qualifications for a Warehouse Clerk, the Warehouseman must have good knowledge of materials and parts used by automotive, electrical, mechanical and Transmission & Distribution and Generation operations.
• Holder of Class 3 Driver’s License with air endorsement
The duties and responsibilities above reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job.
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.