Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Corporate Reporting Analyst
||Full Time Regular
|Salary/Rate of Pay
||$2,507 - $3,134 bi-weekly
||This position will provide key support for the corporate reporting function, including responsibilities for various levels of consolidations within the FortisBC group. The position will work closely with other members of the finance team to provide analysis of financial statement balances and variances, and other input into the corporate reporting processes. Key stakeholders include other members of the corporate reporting group, other areas of finance, as well as Fortis Inc.
||• Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end internal financial statements.
• Assistance in the preparation of monthly management report.
• Responsible for account reconciliations and preparation of monthly department accruals.
• Responsible for consolidations of operating company, holding company and subsidiary companies, including maintenance and testing of the consolidation module in SAP.
• Liaise with and provide support to external auditors in completion of financial statement audits and other engagements as required.
• Work with other areas of finance to summarize financial information to be used in monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement analysis and MD&A.
• Miscellaneous external reporting requirements; including assistance in preparation of consolidated business plans to parent company and revenue requirement applications.
• Support for certain taxation and treasury functions, including cash management and income taxes.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
||Special Skill Requirements:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Exceptional organizational skills - manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment and independently.
• Strong analytical and professional judgment skills.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
• Undergraduate degree, preferably a Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Administration, with a focus on accounting/finance.
• Completion of or working towards completion of a recognized accounting/finance designation (CGA/CMA/CA). Mandatory - CGA level 4 or equivalent.
• Minimum 2-3 years experience working in a finance-related role
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.