Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
||Enterprise Development Lead
- Responsibility for technical development and maintenance of SAP programming software.
- Work with the functional analysts to translate the defined business requirements into technical solutions, do feasibility assessments and identify the appropriate technical approach to meet those needs.
- Work in areas of high confidentiality such as Human Resources and Finances.
- Maintaining required development documentation for internal reference but also to be in compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Maintaining, tuning and repairing applications in order to keep them performing according to technical and functional specifications; performing preventive maintenance activities; providing user support.
- Play a lead role in the technical implementation of future projects to enhance or expand Business application functionality.
- Provide the ERP Group with guidance on maintaining the quality of the ERP implementation through recommendations on Best Practices relating to change control and related procedures.
- Responsible for supporting ERP’s relationships with all business units.
- Responsible for supporting ERP sustainment, enhancement services to all business units.
- Identify, develop and recommend alternative solutions to problems identified by the Business users and/or functional analysts.
- Provide the functional leads and/or end-users with recommendations on (system) or technical implications of proposed business process changes.
- Troubleshooting and solving of problems in areas of sensitivity and confidentiality such as EDI payroll and HR.
- Work with functional analysts to quickly and effectively implement solutions. Ensure solutions are thoroughly tested and documented before promotion to the FortisBC production system.
- Conduct technical research and work with internal and external resources to resolve complex technical issues in a highly integrated/interfaced environment.
Enhancements and Releases
- Assess and estimate effort for technical enhancements and communicate back to Application Development and Functional Teams.
- Implement the technical changes required to existing custom code and/or create new technical solutions to support the approved enhancements.
- Perform the appropriate unit tests to ensure the new functionality works as planned before handing it off to the Functional Analyst.
- Be responsible for appropriately documenting the technical implementation into the Business Specifications for Development.
Work with new implementation projects to seamlessly integrate the new functionality into the existing design of processes, business rules and configuration. The key responsibilities would be to ensure that the project timelines can be supported within the existing plans and activities with regards to the SAP infrastructure.
Excellent communication skills are required. The candidate must have the ability to quickly produce clearly written, well-organized documentation and the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
The ERP Group is looking to this new addition to our group to provide expertise in the area of technical development. To that end, we expect the candidate to possess:
Knowledge / Experience
- At least 4 years of ABAP development experience.
- BSP development and configuration.
- Experience in writing new and modifying existing ABAP reports, user exits, BADIs and dialogue programming.
- Experience with defining and coding conversions and interfaces using LSMW, BAPI, IDOC, BDC, and call transaction update methods.
- Experience with SapScript and/or SmartForms.
- Knowledge of Java development in a managed development environment such as Eclipse and JSP development.
- Knowledge of ABAP Web Dynpro and Adobe (Interactive) Forms would be an asset.
- Experience with the use of object oriented development (ABAP OO).
- Experience with CRM/CIS.
- Master Data Templates configuration and enhancement.
- Troubleshooting data flow between CRM and ECC.
- Easy Enhancement Work Bench.
- Knowledge of IS-U would be an asset.
- Demonstrated track record of undertaking small to large technical implementation projects.
- Knowledge of how a sustainment organization runs.
- Ability to handle multiple clients and multiple tasks with confidence.
- Ability to follow development processes, standards and guidelines.
- Experience with middleware tools.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- University degree or college diploma. Preference is a degree in computer science or a diploma of technology.
The candidate will be called on to work with a wide variety of individuals within FortisBC, such as Functional Analysts, Business Leaders and Process Managers as well as a variety of outside consultants. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills. The candidate must demonstrate diplomacy with a strong desire to provide leadership to the business on issues of SAP Technical functionality, internal “Best Practices” in an SAP sustainment organization and SAP system implementation.