Education and Experience:
Chartered Accountant designation, completion of the CICA “In Depth” tax course and a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience, including experience in tax in public practice. Additional experience within the tax group of a large corporation is preferable.
Experience in a regulated environment would be an asset.
Role Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical knowledge of Canadian corporate taxation
- Technical knowledge of GST/HST/PST and other sales taxes
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP as it relates to taxes
- Ability to multi-task and deal with workload pressure
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, meet priorities and to work within demanding work schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems/conflict
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite