1. Analyzes forms to reduce redundancy, duplication, inefficiencies and unnecessary costs. Ensures that forms (paper and electronic), are designed to meet administrative and operational need in an efficient manner, including:
(a) consulting with users to evaluate their requests and to collect information as to: the form’s objective, the data required, how it will be processed, filed, etc., and evaluating the existing systems and procedures;
(b) determining operational requirements and appropriate action (i.e. consolidation or revision of existing forms, creation of a new form, system and procedural changes, and choosing electronic and/or paper forms);
(c) organizing data groupings, arranging logical sequence and allocating space requirements to develop a rough draft;
(d) using forms design software to layout typeset form and design electronic templates, incorporating appropriate type styles, rules, language, etc., and ensuring compliance with company graphic standards, mapping electronic fill elements including data bases, validation tables, formulas, etc.;
(e) presenting, discussing and obtaining approval by appropriate parties (user, legal, etc.), of proof and providing technical assistance regarding appropriate materials, construction and physical characteristics;
(f) providing electronic forms for testing and approval.
2. Administers the procurement, storage and distribution of forms, including:
(a) liaising with printers regarding printing and duplicating requirements;
(b) preparing detailed specifications for printers;
(c) negotiating prices, quality, construction, quantities and delivery with suppliers;
(d) providing press-ready artwork, mock-ups and/or other materials;
(e) inspecting final product and following up on errors, quality, etc.;
(f) arranging for distribution of printed forms;
(g) establishing minimum/maximum quantities for forms storage and replenishment;
(h) initiating re-orders;
(i) updating and maintaining forms site on intranet.
3. Performs various accounting functions including:
(a) assembling draft budget in consultation with supervisor;
(b) analysing and reconciling variance reports;
(c) reconciling unit invoices.
4. Maintains a variety of related records and files including;
(a) establishing and maintaining a current index of all forms used by FortisBC;
(b) maintaining appropriate forms control records (e.g. history, functional and/or program files to be used in forms analysis, design, control and costing).
5. Represents the unit on various committees and/or projects as required.
6. Develops and maintains a current knowledge of forms-related technology and applications.
7. Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.