Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
||Web Specialist (Temporary)
||Full Time Temporary
|Approximate End Date for Temporary Job
||1. Creates, designs and maintains the corporate intranet and/or internet sites to achieve client objectives. Ensures web production and maintenance is efficient and is carried out in accordance with required deadlines. Specific activities include the following:
• designing, documenting and creating web templates that facilitate communication goals and adhere to corporate web guidelines;
• maintaining the design and content integrity of the intranet/internet;
• planning, designing, and creating information architecture;
• establishing design standards for web environment, including adhering to corporate brand guidelines and world wide web best design practices.
• documenting and communicating additional programming requirements (scripting functionality) to the Webmaster;
• creating, updating, editing and/or assisting in graphics and text layout and content development consistent with organizational objectives, strategy, corporate standards and guidelines,
• enhancing intranet/internet usage to meet business requirements by conducting research (usability testing, industry best practices, etc.), gap analysis between corporate communications strategies and the web, evaluating trends using web analysis software, and providing strategic content and optimization recommendations; and,
• ensuring web communications align employees with the company’s vision, values and priorities.
2. Administers the distributed web publishing environment, including:
• creating and maintaining web publisher access;
• implementing workflow based on client requirements;
• transferring information between development, QA and production environments;
• running reports and distributing and/or acting on results;
• creating and maintaining support reference material and training documents including publishing procedures and guidelines; and,
• conducting required administrative maintenance tasks.
3. Develop and apply communication strategies within the web framework. Acts as a resource to clients regarding the publishing process and supports their content preparation efforts. This includes:
• providing client coaching;
• conducting training sessions;facilitating web publishers’ council to share best practices between editors and administrators, exploring new ideas and innovations, encouraging consistency, quality and accuracy, and identifying and resolving problems.
4. Monitors and ensures the development and installation of new and revised websites occur in a timely manner, which includes:
• expediting delivery;
• employing acceptance testing – adjusting for operational integrity and performance; and,
• identifying, discussing and referring more complex problems where application development is required to the Webmaster.
5. Troubleshoots first level web related operational problems.
6. Recommends alternative (to web) technology solutions to clients for information sharing, communications, and documentation.
7. Maintains current with new intranet/internet features and information and technology.
8. Markets and promotes intranet/internet services to existing and prospective clients; conducts demonstrations and presentations to potential client groups.
9. Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
||1. Completion of a Marketing or Communications certificate from a recognized institute of technology, college, or university, plus completion of the Intranet Analyst Certificate Program, or an equivalent education.
2. A minimum of two (2) years directly related relevant experience with a well developed knowledge of intranet/internet technical infrastructure, operation, and design.
3. Advanced knowledge of the following software programs: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Content Management Server, MS Visual Studio, MS FrontPage, Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat). Working knowledge of Macromedia (Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash)
4. Advanced knowledge of HTML programming. Working knowledge of ASP and CGI programming, as well as File Transfer Protocol (FTP), XML.
5. Demonstrated excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, direction and support to internal clients and external consultants. Ability to provide customer service in a large complex organization, with a well developed knowledge of the value and use of the intranet/internet and other communication mediums.
7. Demonstrated ability to conduct research and provide trend analysis.
8. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot first level intranet/internet related problems.