Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Manager, Financial & Regulatory Reporting
||Management & Exempt
||Full Time Regular
Reporting to the Director, Financial Reporting, this position is responsible to provide leadership and oversight in financial accounting and regulatory reporting activities.
Provide leadership and oversight in the effective provision of financial accounting and regulatory reporting activities in accordance with the strategic direction of the company; conduct financial reporting and analysis for the FortisBC Utilities, in accordance with applicable GAAP and relevant regulatory frameworks.
Oversee the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results with focus on the FortisBC Utilities including financial statement variance analysis to report on results and variances from budget/forecast and prior years. Manage ongoing accounting functions for the FortisBC Utilities, including reconciliation of accounts and modules to comply with GAAP and regulatory requirements. Prepare BCUC Annual Report Filings to meet regulatory reporting requirements.
Develop and provide financial leadership and direction in budget and forecasting activities. Conduct business process reviews including compliance to ensure financial integrity and compliance.
Provide advice, analysis and ongoing regulatory support including responses to Information Requests, and other information and calculations to meet business requirements. Provide leadership to SAP and GL Maintenance activities; collaborates with IT and approves system changes to ensure financial integrity and compliance.
Lead and develop the staff to ensure performance is aligned with corporate and department objectives; hire staff, set performance expectations, reward and recognize performance, and provide support to employee development.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration and a professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA), with 8 to 12 years of experience in a financial leadership capacity in a regulated environment with strong emphasis in financial reporting for rate regulated entities.
- Principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including Canadian GAAP/IFRS/US GAAP and ability to apply to specific circumstances
- Experience in a regulatory environment and preferably knowledge of regulatory frameworks of each of the FortisBC Energy Inc. utilities with ability to translate those frameworks into specific requirements and processes.
- Knowledge of consolidations and financial statement presentation guidelines
- SAP experience – Financial, Controlling and Asset Management modules
- Working knowledge of Utility Operations
- Demonstrated ability to apply superior judgment, strategic and innovative thinking in decision making
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence others, negotiate solutions, build consensus
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, meet priorities and to work within demanding work schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems/conflict
- Demonstrated ability to be hands on and provide technical guidance to staff
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite including expertise in MS Excel
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.