Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
||COPE - Customer Care
||$18.85 per hour
|# of Positions Available
- Identifies, resolves and processes payment issues through the on-line system including unidentified and misapplied payments; initiates payment transfers and contacts financial institutions and collection agencies to obtain/provide payment information. Conducts payment traces.
- Processes account adjustments including payment and balance transfers, refund cheques to customers with final credit balances or large active credit balances. Liaises with Accounts Payable and the Contact Centre staff to resolve payment and refund discrepancies including returned payments, unprocessed cheques, stop payments and incorrect payees.
- Investigates meter/billing discrepancies/errors, determine if fieldwork is required and initiates applicable course of action; provides follow up with customer; ensures accuracy of meter information for completed work orders including all required data is entered prior to meter exchanges, switch meters and pressure changes. Investigates and correct meter and equipment installation errors and discrepancies.
- Initiates the withdrawal of pre-authorized payments and returns via an electronic interface. Processes billing adjustments to correct billing errors; reverses invoices to the last correct billing date, calculates adjustment amounts and/or interest, processes special account adjustments.
- Downloads payment processor data and balances payments received from payment processing agents to ensure that payments processed have been included in daily processing.
- Processes requests for tax exemptions for GST, PST, ICE Levy, Carbon Tax and Franchise Fees, ensuring correct documentation is received, calculates adjustments and updates master data to reflect exemption reasons.
- Analyzes and processes billing dispute requests from the contact centre on a timely basis. Provides support in the effective resolution of complaints from customers and escalations from internal staff; investigates source documents and explains related information.
- Utilizes designated systems to prepare and process billing information; enters and maintains customer direct debit banking details, reviews EPP out of tolerance exceptions and adjusts installment amounts, processes program application requests, enters and maintains information received via forms or written requests.
- Processes online customer payments, payment reversals, refund requests, account adjustments including payment and balance transfers, program rebates, and transaction reversals. Completes work related documentation and processes including data entry and workflow initiation and tracking, work logs, timesheets, reports, charts, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Grade 12, supplemented by courses in customer relations, business communications and office practices, completion of 1 business course plus 1 year recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Fast and accurate keyboarding/data entry skills.
- Knowledge of billing and/or metering in order to perform calculation for various rate schedules, taxes and fees.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and judgment to determine most appropriate action to resolve billing problem.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a customer focused approach to handling difficult customer interactions, resolving problems and building customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize software applications in use in the department.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete work within demanding work schedules.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to respond to difficult and demanding customers (internal or external) with tact while enforcing company policy or procedure.