Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Full Time Temporary
|Approximate End Date for Temporary Job
||Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Customer Communications and indirectly to the Power Sense Operations Manager, the Communications Specialist will play an integral role in the implementation of internal and external communications and social marketing initiatives that help FortisBC achieve its business goals.
||• Develop and implement effective communication and social marketing strategies and tactics, in conjunction with communications and PowerSense team members.
• Strengthen brand identity by developing community outreach opportunities that enhance visibility in communities and are aligned with corporate strategy.
• Foster strong relationships with internal partners in meeting communication needs internally and externally.
• Develop collaboratively and assist with internal PowerSense communications strategy that effectively informs and engages employees across the company.
• Manage, design and maintain internal and external web pages ensuring consistent, professional text and graphics, consistent with corporate identity standards.
• Coordinate development and placement of advertisements and other promotional materials for FortisBC PowerSense initiatives and programs.
• Research, write, edit and oversee the production of various communication materials – speeches, presentations, news releases, brochures, advertisements, etc. to support PowerSense initiatives and programs.
• Plan and manage various promotional, trade show and special event activities.
• Represent FortisBC in a professional manner in the community and as a media spokesperson as required. Foster positive relationships with media contacts.
• Research story ideas and promotion opportunities through liaison with staff
• Work individually and/or with outside consultants to develop other communication tools.
||• A degree with specialization in communications or public relations, or a related discipline.
• Professional accreditation by IABC or CPRS is an asset.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of progressive public relations, communications or marketing experience.
• Knowledge of the British Columbia utility regulatory environment along with energy industry experience would be highly desirable.
• Computer experience in a Window’s environment including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience with desktop publishing and design software desirable.
• Valid driver’s license required.
Special Skill Requirements:
• Seasoned specialist with a solid track record in strategic and proactive communications and social marketing initiatives that help enhance organizational reputation, strengthen brand identity and build public support for programs.
• Demonstrated abilities in design and production of collateral materials, and special event planning.
• Advertising and media relations experience including expertise in promoting programs through media channels and acting as a program spokesperson.
• Well developed communication skills – expert writing, interpersonal, diplomacy and presentation skills, with the ability to work in a team environment and develop collaborative relationships and manage inquiries from the media, public and key stakeholders in an educated and professional manner.
• A creative and strategic thinker with ability to anticipate needs and effectively position a company's products, services, values and point of view with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Ability to bridge business needs with web technology solutions; can translate language of business into the language of IT and vice-versa.
• Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver quality results under tight timelines.
• Strong initiative, judgment, organizational skills and creative abilities.
||The position requires an ability to work extended hours, including evenings and some weekends, as well as overnight travel throughout our service area.
|HireDesk Job ID
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.