Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Burnaby - Willingdon Park
||Meter Reading Coordinator
||COPE - Customer Care
||Full Time Temporary
|Approximate End Date for Temporary Job
||1. Initiates meter reading requests to the field; ensures complete information is received from meter reading devices and downloaded to CIS. Updates data collected by meter reading devices and investigates meter reading discrepancies including meter no-read conditions. Analyzes and processes meter reading requests and issues from the contact centre on a timely basis.
2. Evaluates meter reading workday change requests and negotiates with the meter reading group to minimize impact on customers as required. Reviews meter information for completed work orders for accuracy and completeness including required data prior to entering meter exchanges, switched meters and pressure changes when billing issues prevent other areas from completing their work.
3. Reviews data collected for consistency, accuracy and completeness including exception reports, no read reports or missed read reports, field service reports; escalate or forwards issues and discrepancies to others for further action. Reviews system generated meter reading exceptions reports to determine and initiate appropriate actions.
4. Contacts customers related to re-occurring issues related to meter access by letter, e-mail or phone call; arranges for access as required and coordinates routine maintenance of meter reading equipment including repairs, upgrades and distribution.
5. Coordinates scheduled meter reading rounds; uploads/downloads schedule meter reading rounds to the appropriate devices; updates meter reading system to reflect additions or adjustments to meter reading rounds, workdays and meter reading staff and equipment assignments.
6. Ensures the accurate completion of work related documentation and related processes included data entry and workflow initiation and tracking related to meter reading, work logs, timesheets, reports, etc. Maintains in either hardcopy or softcopy, meter reading process documentation and manuals.
7. Provides daily remote technical support to meter readers; troubleshoots software and hardware problems and provides communication support in the diagnosis of related issues.
8. Supports inquiries and complaints from customers and escalations from internal staff related to meter reading issue and facilitates or escalates issues for appropriate response.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
||1. Grade 12, completion of courses in business, office practices and customer relations plus 18 months recent, related billing experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
2. Knowledge of billing and/or metering
3. Fast and accurate keyboarding/data entry skills with strong computer navigation skills
4. Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to respond to difficult and demanding customers (internal or external) with tact while enforcing company policy or procedure.
5. Demonstrated strong analytical skills and judgment to determine most appropriate action to resolve billing problem.
6. Demonstrated ability to utilize software applications in use in the department; ability to format correspondence, reports and charts.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
8. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete work within demanding work schedules
9. Demonstrated organizational skills including the ability to direct the work of others and provide training as required.
10. Demonstrated ability to utilize a customer focused approach to handling difficult customer interactions, resolving problems and building customer relationships
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.