Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
||Full Time Regular
|COPE Pay Group
- Following established instructional design methodologies, provide support to Senior Instructional Designer in:
- Creating instructor-led and online training-related content for participants and instructors that are utilized in formal and informal training sessions
- Performing job/task analysis
- Creating and maintaining exams, assessments and other related test criteria
- Determining necessary course materials, tools and equipment
- Reformatting existing instructor led materials into web–based (e-learning) formats
- Conduct information gathering meetings with subject matter experts; interpret and adapt information to meet course outline/training program objectives and explains related information, processes, etc. Identify problems and recommend solutions to ensure final training content/materials meet client needs.
- Utilize various software programs, tools and applications to conduct various research, write, and edit assignments, maintain information, etc. Create, select and incorporate print and web-based segments and modules.
- Liaise with external vendors; validate course content against established criteria.
- Perform duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Diploma in Adult Education or equivalent and Certificate in technical writing or business communications or equivalent.
- 3 years directly relevant experience with adult learning principles
- Excellent analytical, writing, development and editing skills to ensure consistency and quality in training materials.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of Adult Education theory. New incumbents will undergo an assessment of their ability in this area and must successfully complete that assessment within 6 months of commencing employment as an Instructional Writer.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to work independently
- Extensive experience with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal clients and meet appropriate service standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience translating complex information into concise, plain language
- Working knowledge of specialized educational software an asset. (Captivate, Net-Meeting, Authorware, Flash, HTML