Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Power Supply Market Specialist
||Management & Exempt
||Full Time Temporary
|Human Resources Contact
|# of Positions Available
|Reason for Posting
The Power Supply department plans and manages the procurement and delivery of electricity to cost effectively meet customers’ requirements. Working in accordance with the organization’s strategic vision, core values and leadership competencies, reporting to the Power Supply Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the short term power supply plan in accordance with established contractual obligations to meet customer load in a cost effective manner.
Develop, implement and maintain the short term power supply plan in accordance with established contractual obligations to meet customer load in a cost effective manner; ensure adherence to established protocols and procedures and company obligations under designated power supply related agreements and contracts are met. Research operational requirements and perform in-depth analysis of power supply options in support of Power Supply planning initiatives with the objective of mitigating power purchase costs.
Provide oversight to staff in the effective provision of power supply purchases; provide technical training to SCC staff and participate in performance management programs for Dispatchers. Identify gaps in knowledge, training and performance and initiate corrective action to resolve problems/errors and ensure compliance by providing instructions and coaching on work methods to reinforce positive behaviours. Support the Power Supply Operations Manager in all aspects of Power Supply, including contracts, operations, external contacts and new initiatives.
Establish and maintain relationships with external stakeholders; participate; in joint committees and public relation activities that facilitate communication of key messages. In addition will interface with Gas Supply to ensure common knowledge and understanding of the Company’s overall Energy Supply operations.
||Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or Finance from a recognized program plus 4 years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Ability to drive for results through planning, alignment, execution, and customer experience/responsiveness
• Ability to make optimal decisions through accountability, judgement, problem solving, prudent risk taking, market/industry awareness, and maintaining customer focus
• Ability to drive and implement prudent change through continuous improvement, challenge the status quo/innovation, flexibility/adaptability and customer value – innovative customer solutions
• Ability to build working relationships through respect & integrity, open communication, teamwork, negotiation/influence and customer relationship management
• Ability to lead high performance through leading by example & initiative, continuous learning & coaching, measuring, rewarding & recognizing, customer service
• Knowledge of Hydro Electric operations and market operations experience is considered an asset
• Ability to perform complex economic analysis
• Ability to perform forecasting and modelling
• Ability to communicate and present at a high level with the regulator, executive management, customers and other third parties
• Demonstrated ability to develop and operate economic spreadsheets and database computer models
• Demonstrated ability to produce technical reports
• Demonstrated ability to present technical information
• Proficient in computer systems and related programs (Microsoft Office)
• Basic understanding of the revenue requirement process
• Hydro electric operations and market operations experience is considered an asset
||We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those short-listed will be contacted. FortisBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.