Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Full Time Temporary
|Approximate End Date for Temporary Job
|Human Resources Contact
|Salary/Rate of Pay
|# of Positions Available
|Reason for Posting
||Job Specification: The duties of a Meter Reader are to take and record meter readings. In discharging their responsibilities, Meter Readers foster good relations between the Company and its customers. Through on-the-job learning and training, Meter Readers may develop skills and knowledge, which may lead to a higher classification, such as Customer Serviceman.
||Duties & Responsibilities:
• Accurately records meter readings into the Handheld device.
• Recommends route optimization/ideas when required.
• Reports any customer load abnormalities, complaints or inquiries to the Supervisor.
• During rounds, observes the Company’s transmission and distribution system and the metering equipment installations for any abnormalities. Reports any such abnormalities to the Supervisor.
• Fosters good relations between the Company and its customers by displaying a courteous and pleasant manner and maintains a neat and clean appearance.
• Operates and carries out running care of assigned vehicles.
• Perform duties normally carried out by a lower classification employee.
• Holder of a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
• Successful completion of the FortisBC online Utility Operation Training program or equivalent.
• Familiar with the Company’s electrical rate structure, rules, regulations and policy.
• Able to walk considerable distances under all types of weather conditions.
• Possess the qualification of the Labourer classification.
The duties and responsibilities above reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job.
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.