Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
||Full Time Regular
|# of Positions Available
|Reason for Posting
||QUALIFICATIONS (Must Have):
1. Demonstrated safe work habits and adherence to safety regulations and practices on a sustained basis; have safe driving record and be able to pass FortisBC driving tests.
2. Mechanical aptitude.
3. Ability to absorb, follow and retain instructions relating to function.
4. Ability to acquire a thorough knowledge of theory and operation of material and equipment relating to Gas Operations.
5. Ability to become proficient in the use of power operated and hand tools, equipment and instruments.
6. Ability to learn simple pipefitting, small meter setting and residential appliance relight setting.
7. Initiative and sense of responsibility.
8. Ability to meet the public as a representative of FortisBC.
9. Ability to use and complete time slips, trucking slips, simple work and similar forms.
10. A valid company OA2 welding ticket and a company PE fusion certificate or be immediately capable of obtaining or recertifying same through normal internal training.
11. A valid class 5 driver’s license.
12. General good health, adequate physical strength and agility.
1. Considerable walking, bending and lifting.
2. Exposed to weather.
3. Fully qualified Distribution Mechanics are eligible for this position.
4. This position involves working out of town away from the assigned headquarters for periods of time.
** Start rate: $24.70 / 1-year rate: $27.00 / 2-year rate: $29.64/ 3-year rate: $32.93