||Human Resources Advisor - Trail
||Human Resources, Employee Relations
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Relations, this position is responsible to work in partnership with client groups to provide generalist human resource advisory services by offering integrated human resource management solutions that support client business goals and overall company direction.
Demonstrate leadership in the provision of human resource advisory services and integrated human resource management solutions. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior leaders and leadership teams for designated client groups. Participate in strategic planning sessions to ensure alignment with Human Resource and Company strategies and establish understanding of client needs and objectives. Provide an assessment of risk and alternative solutions to related issues, initiatives and directives in consideration of applicable legislative requirements.
Offer advice and recommendations in the making of strategic Human Resource decisions to enable operational excellence in the execution of established goals and objectives. Provide guidance, advice and direction related to recruitment and selection, employee development, performance and discipline, career and succession planning, compensation, disability and attendance management activities to ensure compliance with collective agreement language provisions, company policies, employment/labour law and regulations, legal and arbitral jurisprudence.
Facilitate the investigation, negotiation and resolution of disputes related to grievances including discipline and dismissal. Manage the first stages of the grievance process; conduct investigations, coach managers on effective grievance handling including the determination of culpability, consequence and resolutions that maximize operational efficiencies, minimize liability/risk and maintain effective employee/union relations. Assist in the preparation and presentation of cases requiring third party dispute resolution.
Act as subject matter expert and provide support in the interpretation and application of collective agreements, company policies, legislation and other legal documents to ensure understanding, consistency and operational governance. Participate in the development and maintenance of Human Resource policies and procedures. Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of Human Resource management frameworks that reflect best practices, industry standards, etc.
Support change management strategies to enable the effective implementation of organization and technological change and related projects and initiatives; support leadership development and employee engagement to facilitate understanding and acceptance of change. Provide leadership and direction to others in the provision of human resource services
||Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in a related discipline such as Business Administration or Human Resources from a recognized program plus a minimum of Five (5) years recent, related experience in an advisory capacity within a unionized environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Designation as a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) preferred.
- Knowledge of human resource management principles and practices
- Knowledge of employment legislation, regulations, principles of interpretation of labour agreements
- Demonstrated ability to align activities with strategic directions
- Demonstrated ability to apply logic and judgment in conflicting situations
- Demonstrated ability to translate frameworks and models into effective applications
- Demonstrated ability to exercise professional judgement in the handling of confidential/sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to analyse information, make sound judgments and difficult decisions
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and conduct presentations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict and negotiate solutions
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and provide leadership in the execution of H.R. Advisory services
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work with demanding work schedules.
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite, HRIS)