Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Crew Leader - Capital Projects (Stations)
||Full Time Temporary
|Approximate End Date for Temporary Job
|Human Resources Contact
|# of Positions Available
|Reason for Posting
||(JM Electrician or CP&C Technologist)
Job Specification: It shall be the duty of a Crew Leader to supervise the work of individuals under their charge in such a manner that work may be carried on safely, efficiently and expeditiously. The duties and responsibilities of a Crew Leader include such activities as:
||Duties & Responsibilities:
• Instructing and directing workers in the safe performance of their duties.
• Planning and coordinating work for others (including flagging and backhoe contractors).
• Supervising and assigning work to employees.
• Responsible for the preparation and quality of all work under their charge.
• Assuring that all work related documentation, information and records are updated.
• Liaising with appropriate internal and external parties as required.
• Providing feedback to crew members on their performance in order that work is carried out safely, efficiently and expeditiously.
• Functioning as the District Person in Charge.*
• Functioning as the Control Release Holder.*
• Relieving a Foreman
• Superior knowledge of trade (work methods, tools, equipment).
• General knowledge of alternate trades at FortisBC (work methods, tools, equipment, safety).
• Excellent understanding of and adherence to FortisBC and WCB safety regulations (lockout, switching, tailboards).
• Demonstrated knowledge of FortisBC job planning and scheduling criteria.
• Ability to work to predetermined budgets, schedules and quality expectations.
• Superior knowledge of overall FortisBC utility system operation.
• Demonstrated ability to work with relevant computer systems/applications.
• Demonstrated ability to direct and supervise crews.
• Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate (written/oral) with crews, staff and public.
• Ability to assess work requirements with respect to tools and resources necessary for the task.
• Interprovincial Red Seal or T.Q. certification*
Relieving as a Foreman would be when so designated by the Company. Where the crew does not require an Interprovincial Red Seal or T.Q. certification this is not a requirement of that crew’s Crew Leader
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.