||Business Development Analyst
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Development, this position’s primary role is to conduct a range of analysis in support of the Business Development team’s various initiatives to develop new markets and service offerings for natural gas and renewable natural gas. The analysis may include, but is not limited to market research, business case evaluation, environmental emissions assessments and policy analysis. The Business Development Analyst will use the results of various analyses to prepare business cases, reports, presentations and regulatory filings. This role will develop key working relationships with engineers, analysts and managers throughout the company, as well as regulatory agencies, consultants and industry groups.
- Conduct market research (energy usage, energy prices, air emissions, energy policy and customer behavior)
- Develop or assist in the development of business cases
- Assist in and support regulatory filings and compliance reports.
- Develop and provide forecasting input to the Long Term Resource Plan.
- Deliver presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- University degree in Business, Science or Engineering
- 1 to 3 or more years of related experience.
- Experience with the natural gas / energy industry in the Pacific Northwest.
- Experience with energy usage and GHG emissions modeling.
- Experience with BCUC hearing processes an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and strategically in business terms
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- BC Drivers License