Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
||Project Development Manager
||Energy Solutions and External Relations
||Management & Exempt
||Full Time Regular
||We have an exciting opportunity within our Business Development/Thermal Energy group. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Project Assessment and Development, this position is responsible for providing project management services for major district/community thermal energy systems.
||• Provide project management services for major district/community thermal energy systems; oversee project plans to ensure designated projects meet established scope, schedule, cost and quality parameters, and are completed on time and on budget. Manage resources, risks, reporting requirements, contracts, and procurement, legal, environmental, stakeholder communications and customer satisfaction.
• Identify and manage risks associated with the successful delivery of projects; build contingency plans, exception controls and effectively manage resources and contracts. Provide leadership to cross functional teams; provide work direction to engineers, technologists, external contractors and consultants.
• Conduct project assessments; provide expertise in the development of regulatory applications/reports, business cases and determine economic feasibility of thermal energy solution projects. Analyze costs, schedule and performance and make recommendations on alternative solutions as issues arise.
• Participate in the development of comprehensive customer and supplier contracts involving multiple stakeholders to meet terms, obligations and enable the successful execution of proposed thermal energy solution projects from the initial sales lead to project implementation.
• Liaise with Legal, Regulatory and Finance to ensure BCUC and other requirements are met. Provide support to regulatory processes, including the BCUC CPCN process, required to achieve BCUC approval for designated projects.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, industry stakeholders, government and other utilities; represents technical aspects of project portfolio. Provide leadership in engaging, influencing external organizations and industry associations.
||• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited University
• 8 to 12 years project development and/or management experience with thermal energy projects within a regulated company or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Project Management Professional designation.
• Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Associate of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC
• Knowledge of energy systems used for the developer and government markets
• Knowledge of thermal energy solutions and district energy systems
• Knowledge of thermal energy market participants
• Knowledge of concept development, design and construction practices
• Knowledge of HVAC systems, and residential/commercial/mixed use development construction
• Project management skills with successful track record of project delivery
• Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Business acumen
• Strong finance skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems, analyse information, make sound judgements
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to others
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate work plans, forecast, plan and schedule project resources
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute work on time and on budget
• Demonstrated ability to guide technical and financial evaluations
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand and apply business analysis methods
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and demanding work schedules
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
|HireDesk Job ID