Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Project Compliance Coordinator
||Full Time Regular
||Job Descriptions are intended to describe only the principal duties and responsibilities of a position. They are not meant to be either an inclusive or exclusive list of all work, tasks and functions of any particular job.
1. Maintain FortisBC compliance with regulatory agency requirements related to new engineering projects, such as BC Oil & Gas Commission (OGC); as well as legacy records. Maintain relationship with appropriate external regulatory staff and act as the contact for all communication between FortisBC and the regulating bodies related to engineering projects; utilize existing regulatory processes and/or technology to submit applications or notices and resolve discrepancies between the regulatory agencies and FortisBC legacy records.
2. Maintain working knowledge of legislation, regulations, acts and other documentation, e.g. directives, manuals, guidelines and bulletins relevant to the regulating bodies. Advise Project Managers, Engineers of Record or consultants on the required regulatory requirements for project plans and/or design and communicate updates to processes and guidelines as required.
3. Support engineers, technologists and drafters in the Engineering Group with review of application packages in order to submit complete applications or notices to the regulatory agencies, including drawing and map revisions, materials specifications and pressure test results.
4. Collaborate with other FortisBC departments, e.g. CMO Drafting, Property Services, Community Relations, First Nations Relations, Environmental, etc. to gather information required for application submissions. Prepare and present information to other FortisBC departments on the technical regulatory process.
5. Maintain performance dashboards related to the execution of capital projects and submission of applications and notices to the OGC. Identify and relay documentation or process improvement opportunities related to FortisBC engineering projects. Monitor the progress of applications or notices submitted for timely approvals. Review rejections of submissions of application for trends.
6. Prepare and maintain a series of master schedules for all capital projects in the Engineering Group; update schedules in a timely manner, communicates project planning and scheduling status reports with key stakeholders. Prepare workload reports on engineering functions to assist in balancing resources, determining project health and critical path schedules, and evaluating team metrics
7. Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
||1. High school graduation and completion of a recognized post-secondary certificate of technology, or certificate in a business related field, or equivalent.
2. Two (2) years directly related relevant work experience with gas asset design, and at least one (1) year working with a regulator or experience with project management.
3. Ability to interpret engineering drawings and work with drafters for drawing revisions in order to submit applications or notices to the regulators.
4. Demonstrated ability to interpret government legislation, regulations and acts
5. Demonstrated knowledge of natural gas utilization and construction practices
6. Demonstrated strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure during peak workload periods in order to meet tight deadlines
7. Demonstrated excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
8. Demonstrated ability to respond to difficult or demanding situations with tact and diplomacy
9. Demonstrated courteous, professional manner in dealing with internal and external contacts and customers, including positive interpersonal skills and the ability to provide direction in a team environment.
10. Demonstrated sound working knowledge of the MS Office suite of applications.
11. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
12. Demonstrated sound analytical and decision making skills.
13. Demonstrated ability to follow established procedures with attention to detail.
||1. Ability to utilize the technology mandated by the OGC for submitting applications and notices.
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.