Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
||Assets & Compliance
||The Application Programmer/Analyst receives direction from the Compliance Manager to maintain compliance by adhering to documented policies, processes, programs and procedures. The Application Programmer/Analyst will assist to guide the analysis, design and implementation of Mandatory Reliability Standards solutions and technology based solutions to meet the needs of IT’s business partners.
||• Follow MRS processes, procedures and programs to produce evidence to support MRS compliance.
• Participate in the analysis of IT solutions pertaining to MRS and operations.
• Monitor and maintain logs for operations and SCC systems as per requirements identified in MRS.
• Develop and maintain a high level of technical competency with respect to the current operating system, database and programming development tools.
• Support SCC applications such as Survalent Worldview, outage management, log sheets, intrusion detection software, data encryption tools and smaller standalone SCC applications/
• Communicate effectively and demonstrate professional competence with users, co-workers and management.
• Manage multiple resources, task breakdown, and delegation and set milestones. Participate and/or conduct meetings to determine technical requirements of customers. Estimate/manage/complete a series of tasks required for a simple project.
• Deliver projects which meet or exceed customer expectations.
||Special Skill Requirements:
• Process development experience
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
• Strong team building and relationship skills
• Excellent customer service approach
• Knowledge of standard programming language
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Able to manage multiple priorities, and requests effectively
• Prepares estimates and manages time effectively
• Travel within the service territory as required
• Knowledge of FortisBC’s organizational structure
• Personal Risk Assessment, including a Criminal Record Check is required to be completed
• Ability and willingness to travel (passport required).
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
• 2 Year Diploma in Computer Programming
• Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Excellent organizational skills with close attention to detail
Progression from JG 8 to JG 12 will include good to detailed understanding and experience in:
o Java language/script and .NET
o UNIX and Microsoft environments
o Microsoft Access, Oracle and SQL databases
||This is a COPE progression bargaining unit position at a Job Group 8-12 and offers an hourly wage of $25.50 to $41.79.