Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply now! and we will walk you through our online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please share this opportunity.
Return to FortisBC homepage
Making safety our #1 priority
||Management & Exempt
||Full Time Regular
Reporting to the Director, Operations Engineering, this position is responsible to provide strategic direction and leadership to Engineering team leads and seasoned engineers to ensure the efficient & effective delivery of high quality engineering services for the transmission, distribution, compressor station, telecommunications and SCADA facilities.
Provide strategic direction and leadership to Engineering team leads and seasoned engineers to ensure the efficient & effective delivery of high quality engineering services for the transmission, distribution, compressor station, telecommunications and SCADA facilities. Oversee the results of Engineering Services and its overall integration with other businesses.
Create culture of accountability and performance by focusing on employee development to increase employee capability, ensure accuracy and quality of work, and high quality of customer service. Mentor and coach others on effective performance feedback, reward and recognition and progressive discipline.
Manage and monitor multiple engineering projects; establish and implement short term and long term organizational goals, objectives, polices and operating procedures, including the setting of priorities and re-arranging of work and projects.
Ensure short and long term resources are available to complete designs/work documents that are in accordance with regulations, engineering standards, specifications and processes. Integrate and balance engineering resources to extend current business capabilities. Direct, review and approve designs and specifications; review proposed solutions, technical feasibility and recommendations to engineering problems, and approve recommended actions.
Develop and standardize procedures and methods to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of engineering services; research, analyze and evaluate new delivery methods, procedures and techniques. Recommend strategic solutions which have a wider impact and consider implications for both gas and electric stakeholders while incorporating technical expertise to corporate and business issues at hand.
Ensure compliance with external agency regulatory requirements (such as the BC Oil and Gas Commission, BC Safety Authority, National Energy Board, etc.) with respect to the scope of services provided by Engineering Services.
Prepare and manage the Engineering Services O&M and capital budgets within provided guidelines, targets and parameters.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 12-15 years of experience in a leadership capacity including 10 years of experience in a utility environment. Experience with the application of external agency regulatory requirements (such as the BC Oil and Gas Commission, BC Safety Authority, National Energy Board, etc.) within an engineering context.
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks governing the utilities industry
- Knowledge of engineering principles, standards, techniques, policies and processes with respect to the natural gas industry
- Strong project management skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods and techniques of effective technical and management report preparation and presentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of practices of researching engineering and design issues and evaluating alternatives
· Demonstrated ability to create innovative engineering solutions for utility systems
- Ability to drive for results through planning, alignment, execution, and customer experience/responsiveness
- Ability to make optimal decisions through accountability, judgement, problem solving, prudent risk taking, market/industry awareness, and maintaining customer focus
- Ability to drive and implement prudent change through continuous improvement, challenge the status quo/innovation, flexibility/adaptability and customer value – innovative customer solutions
- Ability to build working relationships through respect & integrity, open communication, teamwork, negotiation/influence and customer relationship management
- Ability to lead high performance through leading by example & initiative, continuous learning & coaching, measuring, rewarding & recognizing, customer service
At FortisBC, safety is at the core of everything we do and we strive to reach for zero injuries and incidents, every day. Our employees are each an example of this commitment, at work, at home, and in the communities we serve.