if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Sales Specialist- Lexington, KY
||The Sales Specialist is responsible for implementing Depomed’s marketing plan by delivering proficient sales presentations to a defined list of current and prospective customers. In the assigned territory, the Sales Specialist will utilize all marketing and selling materials designed for a respective audience. Customers include but are not limited to physicians, healthcare providers, retail/wholesale accounts, and hospitals/clinics. The Sales Specialist will plan and organize activities to insure regular and consistent coverage of the territory according to a plan of action. Increased business activity for Administration of territory information and compliance to reporting and regulatory requirements is imperative. Participation in training and development programs is essential.
• Utilizes monthly budget to maximize profitability and return on investment. Tracks his/her expenses and completes an expense reports per company policy, submitting this to his/her manager.
• Keeps up-to-date on industry trends, customer and competitor forces and how they will impact both short and long term business results. Thoroughly understands the dynamics within the territory (e.g., impact of managed care, customers, competitors, patient demographics) and draws upon this knowledge to develop a comprehensive territory plan to pull-through initiatives to most effectively impact the business.
• Reports daily sales activities through Sales Force Automation system.
• Receives weekly, monthly and quarterly sales analysis reports for his/her territory of responsibility. Uses sales analysis reports to consider territory strengths and opportunities for enhanced sales and territory development. Discusses results and next steps/plans to seize territory opportunities with his/her manager. Executes his/her activities in accordance with plans agreed upon.
• Complies with Depomed policies and procedures including, but not limited to: promotion of products, business ethics, sampling practices/guidelines, expense reporting, data management, fleet management, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree (Majors preferred – Sciences, Business, Healthcare Fields
• Minimum of 2 years of previous specialty Pharma sales, biotech sales or medical device sales, including strong results-oriented technical sales experience. Experience preferred in the areas of Pain Management, Neurology, Hospitals, Orthopedic audience and key practices, and/or other related fields
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and database applications.
• Ability to travel (may include overnight travel).
• Should reside in territory geography or be willing to relocate.
• Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record.
• Authorization and ability to drive a Company leased vehicle or authorized rental vehicle.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle
• Ability to travel via airplane
• Anility to sit for long periods of time
• Ability to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal.
• Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
• Standing: Remaining upright on the feet.
• Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust
• Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position of up to 20 lbs. on occasion
||Depomed employees are passionate about creating great. Since our founding in 1995, we’ve worked hard to create a specialty pharmaceutical company that provides meaningful healthcare products to patients. Our expertise and hard work has led to multiple FDA approvals and product commercialization, for example, of two marketed products, Gralise® (gabapentin) and Glumetza® (metformin HCl), which utilizes our proprietary polymer-based drug delivery technology, known as Acuform®, a product development pipeline having late-stage product opportunities, and the recent addition of Zipsor® (diclofenac) to our line of marketed commercial products.