if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||National Account Director, Managed Markets, Northeast
||Responsible for leading and managing business strategies for large national insurers and pharmacy benefit management companies to achieve net financial goals. Responsible for maximizing reimbursement and access to attain sales and other corporate goals within assigned accounts. Effectively manages business plans, clinical presentations, value messaging, and coordination with sales management. Provides national payer and market perspective to cross-functional colleagues and business partners and collaborates with such partners in order to optimize corporate return on investment. Keeps Company abreast of shifting customer and market trends, competitive positioning, and other major factors that impact the long term ability to achieve strategic business results and to position Depomed as a leader in pain management. Builds enduring relationships with key customers including C-Suite Executives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for managing the performance of the region’s Government entities (Medicaid/Medicare), Managed Markets (PBM/ MCO/Employer Groups), Wholesalers, Distributors and Pharmacy Retailers
• Responsible for creating, implementing and driving account level business (revenue/profit) for Managed Care accounts (MCOs, Medicaid, PBMs and Employer Groups). These customers include, but not limited to pharmacy benefit managers, pharmacy and medical directors, formulary directors, clinical pharmacists, pharmaceutical contracting managers and case managers
• Prioritize activity on-going with account meetings to include: business reviews, clinical presentations, in-services, marketing updates and plant tours
• Coordinate, implement and follow-through on all managed care contracts, preferred formulary positions, promotions or incentives
• Maintain on-going relationships with all key contacts/customers within assigned account base
• Research and document timely and competitive information for all competitive products within the marketplace. Report on a monthly basis
• Notify field sales management of any/all managed care programs or initiatives that could directly or indirectly effect or impact field sales activity
• Align business planning activities with field sales goals
• Coordinate and integrate full/partial field sales support for managed care programs
• Organize and participate in meetings, exhibits, conventions, and advisory groups to create sales/marketing opportunities and to establish sound relations with our customer base
• Develop strong relationships with, and appropriately utilize advocates to create business opportunities for Depomed partners
• Maintain assigned territory budget
||EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Four year degree in business or related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
• 10 years' medical sales management experience
• 5 years Managed Care account management experience preferred
• Previous track record of positive sales results required
• Previous track record of success within the managed markets segment required.
• 50% to 60% overnight travel is required with this position
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Strong business acumen and strong entrepreneurial mindset.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Strong understanding of customer and industry reimbursement and contracting practices and trends.
• Thorough understanding of the U.S. healthcare system (public and private sector, payer influencers).
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel via a plane and/or car 50 to 60%
• Ability to lift up to 30lbs
• Ability to operate a computer and telephone
• Ability to reach, bend, sit, kneel and stretch
• Ability to speak out load
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Ability to give presentations in front of a large audience
||Depomed employees are passionate about creating great. Since our founding in 1995, we’ve worked hard to create a specialty pharmaceutical company that provides meaningful healthcare products to patients. Our expertise and hard work has led to multiple FDA approvals and product commercialization, for example, of two marketed products, Gralise® (gabapentin) and Glumetza® (metformin HCl), which utilizes our proprietary polymer-based drug delivery technology, known as Acuform®, a product development pipeline having late-stage product opportunities, and the recent addition of Zipsor® (diclofenac) to our line of marketed commercial products.