if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst
||JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will report directly to the Controller. This position will be responsible for the Company’s SEC reporting and for certain aspects of the monthly accounting close processes and SOX 404 Internal Controls.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Coordinate and prepare SEC Forms (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, proxy etc).
• Perform technical research on complex accounting matters and document initial conclusions
• Responsible for recording stock compensation expense, reconciling investments and assisting with certain other month-end close processes.
• Provide external auditors with timely support for quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
• Prepare analytical reviews and trend analyses
• Assist with internal Sarbanes Oxley compliance activities
• Assist in preparing the internal monthly management reporting package
• Assist in initiation and implementation of process improvements, controls and policies
• Assist with various ad-hoc financial reporting or accounting related projects (such as an ERP system implementation etc.)
||EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• B.S. or B.A in accounting or Finance (CPA preferred, Big 4 experience required)
• Minimum of 4-5 years of accounting and financial reporting experience, including at least 1 year working for a public company.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
• Must be able to identify and resolve accounting related issues in a timely manner
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
• Excellent organization skills with multi-tasking abilities
||Depomed employees are passionate about creating great. Since our founding in 1995, we’ve worked hard to create a specialty pharmaceutical company that provides meaningful healthcare products to patients. Our expertise and hard work has led to multiple FDA approvals and product commercialization, for example, of two marketed products, Gralise® (gabapentin) and Glumetza® (metformin HCl), which utilizes our proprietary polymer-based drug delivery technology, known as Acuform®, a product development pipeline having late-stage product opportunities, and the recent addition of Zipsor® (diclofenac) to our line of marketed commercial products.