Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Legal & Corporate Services/City Clerk's Office
|Posting Closed Date
||Administrative Assistant II, Council Members
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to the individual assigned Councillors. Reports to the Manager III, Legislative Services, through the Office EA, for administrative purposes. Responsible for the provision of general administrative support for the assigned Councillors, including those of a confidential and/or labour relations nature.
- Provides a full range of general administrative office support services to facilitate the operations of the Councillors Office.
- Takes dictation, types correspondence, reports, speeches and other documents.
- Drafts routine correspondence, as required.
- Schedules appointments, arranges meetings and makes travel arrangements for the Councillors, as required.
- Provides, where possible, incidental research for the Councillors.
- Provides assistance in processing accounts for all Councillors.
- Provides backup support for incoming telephone calls and visitors for the Councillors, providing an initial response or, where applicable, referring the customer to the appropriate internal or external contact.
- Liaises, on behalf of the Councillors, with municipal staff, various community groups, external agencies and other government representatives.
- Maintains a general working knowledge of Standing Committee and Council agendas, as well as minutes and processes.
- Maintains appropriate follow-up on outstanding matters.
- Acts with care and discretion on all confidential matters.
- Uses all standard office equipment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||Two-year community college diploma in Office Administration or equivalent.
||Three years administrative support experience.
Knowledge of municipal government systems an asset.
Demonstrated customer service focus and ability to prioritize and perform duties with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
Excellent administrative (typing, computer), organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated keyboarding skills at 70 w.p.m. are required.
||$44,889 to $60,558
||This posting is for two positions.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.