Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Environmental & Engineering/Wastewater Treatment
|Posting Closed Date
||Co-op Student - Laboratory Technician
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Chemist and Environmental Services Engineer, most of the duties in this position will be carried out in the Laboratory under the direction of a qualified Technician/Technologist.
- Receives samples and conducts analysis of waste water and related samples.
- Follows specified laboratory practices. Uses and maintains laboratory equipment as needed.
- After proper training, analyses may include Suspended Solids, Total Solids, pHand Alkalinity.
- Includes the operation of Balances, Auto Analyzers, etc.
- Tabulates, calculates and records results through a LIMS.
- Will provide back-up and assistance for Laboratory staff.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Note: Safety shoes are required in the Laboratory and are the individual's responsibility. Lab coats, safety glasses (non-prescription) and other required equipment is required.
||Must be enrolled full-time in an Environmental Technology Co-p Diploma Program at a recognized college where this term of employment would be a viable Co-op placement.
||$14.67 per hour
||Please note: This is a full-time temporary position from May to August 2013.
Please upload your transcripts with your application (under Documents Section) as well as two letters of reference.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to provide the following documentation prior to being hired:
- Basic Criminal Record Search (completed within 6 months of application date) – please refer to the London Police website for information on obtaining this search: Police Records Check
- Documentation confirming the applicant is enrolled in a recognized Community College Environmental Technology Co-op program.
This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.