Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Housing, Social Services & Dearness Home
|Posting Closed Date
||Temporary - Full Time
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
Reports to Manager(s) or designate. Determines initial and continuing eligibility for persons in receipt of Ontario Works. Completes necessary supporting documentation and provides ongoing case management support.
- Maintains knowledge of the Ontario Works Act of Ontario and its regulations and periodic supplements, the Provincial Ministry of Community and Social Services guidelines and municipal policies and guidelines, and community resources.
- Completes all necessary Province of Ontario and municipal documentation in compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Checks and assesses income, assets and circumstances to establish initial and continuing eligibility and issues financial assistance (including the review of all third party verification information).
- Assesses participant’s employability, develops an individual case plan and refers him/her to appropriate agencies in order to assist in the shortest route to self-sufficiency.
- Monitors caseload to determine ongoing eligibility.
- Ensures continuing information as to participant’s circumstances is recorded on the participant’s file for accurate records.
- Maintains all required documentation for data processing and statistical purposes.
- Continues to check on participant’s availability for employment or eligibility for other Government Benefits or Income.
- Arranges, when applicable, recovery of assistance provided from various sources.
- Refers and advocates on behalf of participants to other agencies or persons for professional assistance.
- May be required to attend Appeal hearings and, from time to time, court hearings.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Completion of a two year Community College Social Service Worker Diploma.
One to two years’ related experience.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
Skills and abilities in the following areas are neccessary:
Demonstrated proficiency in wordprocessing, spreadsheets and various software.
Valid Driver’s licence - Class G.
||$41,840 - $59,279
||NOTE: THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION FOR UP TO 2 YEARS.
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section)
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a police vulnerable sector check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.