Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Neighbourhood & Children's Services
|Posting Closed Date
|Summary of Duties
||Recreation programs provide all citizens the opportunity to improve self esteem, motor skills, creativity, physical fitness and social skills through a variety of crafts, arts, and physical activities.
Role: Under the supervision of a Neighbourhood and Children Services Supervisor, mentors, coaches and assists with the supervision of Spectrum Fall/Winter/Spring programs at various program sites throughout the City.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service when communicating with participants, parents, general public, school personnel and other individuals as required.
- Coach and mentor staff to ensure program is meeting high quality standards, program benefits, High Five benefits and compliance of staff policy and procedures.
- Assist in monitoring the delivery of program plans by staff where required.
- Evaluate staff and program using a variety of tools provided by the City (ie. Quest Evaluation, High Five Leader Appraisal).
- Complete all required paperwork and reports as outlined by Supervisor.
- Act as a liaison between front line staff and supervisor to promote team work and clear lines of communication.
- Purchase of Service businesses visit regularly to ensure compliance of agreement and report any issues to supervisor.
- Ensure health and safety requirements are met and reported as required.
- Assist in the development and delivery of front line staff training programs as required.
- Ensure all program staff is completing documentation on a regular basis for registration, attendance, safety checks, accident reports etc.
- Exhibit a positive and professional behaviour with all participants, parents and co-workers.
- Contact Equipment Coordinator to notify of any supplies required on site and distribute as required.
- Assist with distribution of parent evaluations and program literature as required.
- Use appropriate behaviour modification techniques when supervising participants.
- Attend regular staff meetings as required by supervisor.
- Ability to be flexible and travel throughout the City as required by supervisor.
- Ensure all City of London policies and practices are adhered to.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in a recreation environment with a minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory role.
- Supervisory, program planning and organizational skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Above average knowledge of computer software (excel and word processing, spreadsheet creation) and ability to type minimum 60 wpm.
- Knowledge of behaviour modification techniques.
- High Five (Healthy Childhood Development & Quest Certification) required prior to commencement of program.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR required prior to the commencement of program session.
- Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the City of London.
- Access to a vehicle at all times during scheduled working hours and proof of a valid drivers license and car insurance.
||$12.25 - $12.75 per hour
Part time hours vary 5-14 hours per week.
Employment Period: Duration of employment will depend on class and participant registration and programs operate September-June.
Please include resume, cover letter, contact information for two references and photocopies of certifications. Applicants will be required to produce a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check at the time of interview, or receipt that it has been applied for.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.