Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Wastewater & Treatment Operations
|Posting Closed Date
||Permanent - Full Time
||CUPE Local 107
|Summary of Duties
||Works under direction of a Supervisor or designate. Lays out, assembles, installs, repairs, maintains, connects and tests fixtures, apparatus, control equipment and wiring for electrical and electronic systems and devices in industrial plants. Plans installations from blueprints, sketches and specifications, systematically diagnoses faults in electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
- Performs work, as outlined above, in a water or waste water environment, or solid waste management facilities, or solid waste transfer stations, or landfill areas.
- Provides work direction and training to other personnel designated to work with Industrial Electrician.
- Communicates related activities orally and in writing, including the preparation of reports, details of work completed, work related planning and job costing sheets and data logging.
- Diagnoses and locate troubles and corrects same.
- Handles toxic and corrosive materials in a safe manner.
- Reads, interpret and prepare layouts and process control diagrams. Uses and works with maintenance management system.
- Programs controllers, data communications, and process monitoring software packages.
- Works with outside engineering firms and contractors, as directed.
- Regular confined space entry required.
- As assigned, performs related duties which are transient, or of an emergency nature, or which are minor but recurring.
||Successful completion of Grade 12 in the Province of Ontario or equivalent plus a successful apprenticeship for Industrial Electrician.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
- Valid Class G Driver's Licence.
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming controllers, data communications, and must be able to use a personal computer and appropriate process monitoring software packages.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Must have and maintain a valid Ontario Construction Maintenance or Industrial Electricians Certificate of Qualification.
||$30.12 to $33.47 per hour
||Note: Shift work may be required.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.