Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Parks and Recreation
|Posting Closed Date
||Storybook - Team Leader Rides Operations
|Summary of Duties
||Reporting to a Supervisor of Guest Services, the Team Leader – Rides is responsible for the coordination and efficient delivery of the amusement ride operation at Storybook Gardens.
- Daily support and supervision of the amusement rides staff to ensure that TSSA and the park standards of health and safety and risk management are consistently met.
- Have a thorough knowledge of TSSA Standards for Amusement Rides operations. With support from the Guest Services Supervisor, maintain task lists and direct work to ensure that priorities are met.
- Deliver training, monitor staff performance, coaching staff and provide employee evaluations.
- Provide input into staff scheduling and manage daily staff break schedule.
- Provide excellent customer service and coach staff in this regard.
- Comply with all regulations and standards for amusement rides operations.
- Conduct regular safety and risk management inspections of park facilities and equipment, including amusement rides.
- Work closely with the Team Leader, Operations to complete regular maintenance and cleaning tasks as required.
- Be flexible to work a variety of areas in the park as demanded from park needs.
- Ensure all City of London policies and practices are adhered to.
- Minimum 2 years experience in operations or maintenance role; familiarity with amusement ride operations an asset.
- Requires current Standard First-aid and CPR certification prior to start date.
- Requires current Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the City of London.
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, and customer service skills
Casual schedule of 3-5 shifts per week from May 1 to September 2, 2013. Holidays, Evenings and weekend work are required. Expect part-time hours in May and June with increased hours in July and August.
Full summer availability is required. Requests of time off will not be granted.
Hiring clinics will run in February and March 2013. Applicants who reach this stage of the hiring process must be available for the interview date.
||Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) for Employment
NEW Staff: If invited to participate in hiring process, must submit a PVSC that has been conducted in the past twelve (12) months upon arrival to interview/screening clinic.
a) If a new PVSC was submitted for 2012 employment, applicants may sign an Offence Declaration Form stating that their status has not changed since their last PVSC submission. Electronic copies of this form can be found at www.london.ca/mycareer
under the ‘Notices’ section on the right-hand side. A completed form must be submitted with application
b) If a new PVSC was not submitted for 2012 employment, applicants much submit a new one that has been conducted in the past twelve (12) months with application.
Letters of Reference
NEW Staff: Must submit two (2) letters of reference with application. Letters cannot be from family members. At least one letter must speak to applicant’s ability to work with children.
RETURNING Staff: Do not need to submit a letter of reference.
Standard First Aid / CPR
Standard First Aid/CPR is offered through the Spectrum and various other agencies throughout the city. All applicants must have CURRENT Standard First Aid (not Emergency) certification prior to the commencement of summer programs (by end of June). Applicants do not need to have certification in order to apply.
*Duration and hours may vary depending on seasonal park attendance.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.