Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Corporate Services/Human Resources
|Posting Closed Date
||Administrative Assistant II, Human Resources - Claims & Benefits
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
Reports to the Manager III, Rewards & Recognition and Manager II, Occupational Health, Safety and WSIB. This role receives day-to-day direction from the Specialist I, Attendance Management & Specialist II, Return to Work & Attendance Support. Areas of responsibility include assisting in the administration of disability claims (WSIB, LTD and STD), and health benefits consistent with prescribed policies and procedures and Wellness programs.
- Provides confidential administrative support in the areas of disability management and health benefits administration.
- Communicates with managers, supervisors and employees in regard to disability and health benefit claims.
- Assists with the processing and monitoring of disability and health benefit claims.
- Processes monthly benefit costs using the Parklane Incident Reporting System, Manulife, Great West Life and JDE and other applicable systems.
- Liaises with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, insurance carriers as required
- Prepares and assist in the compilation of reports in relation to the Corporation’s Disability Management Services and wellness programs.
- Coordinates medical surveillance programs.
- Receives and reviews all internal and external correspondence and distributes to the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates and recommends file management procedures. Maintains filing system for print, computer and statistical files.
- Provides functional back-up to other Human Resources support staff as required specifically.
- Receives visitors, arranges meetings and appointments, receives telephone calls and distributes messages. Prepares agendas and transcribes minutes for meetings as required.
- Receives monthly and quarterly statistics and assists in the compilation of results and the preparation of reports.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Completion of a two-year college Office Administration Diploma.
- Human Resources Management Certificate preferred.
Possesses a basic understanding of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, insurance contracts and collective agreements and applicable administrative procedures.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
- Proficient with various software programs, including Word, Excel and HRIS systems.
- Previous disability management, claims, and benefit experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- A minimum of two years related experience.
- Typing speed of 50 w.p.m.
||$44,224 - $59,660
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.