Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Neighbourhood, Children & Fire Services
|Posting Closed Date
|Summary of Duties
Recreation programs provide all citizens the opportunity to improve self esteem, motor skills, creativity, physical fitness and social skills through a variety of crafts, arts, and physical activities.
Role: Under the supervision of a Neighbourhood, Children and Fire Services Supervisor, assists the preschool instructor with the implementation of a preschool program through various locations in the City.
- Assist program instructor with the activities at one and/or several program locations to provide quality program delivery (including set up, cleaning etc.).
- Assist with planning and implementation of a program outline (crafts, circle time, active centre, free play etc.)
- Maintain daily records of attendance, reports and checklists
- Fully participate and interact with participants and communicate regularly with parents/caregivers.
- Create and distribute program promotional materials.
- Exhibit a positive and professional behaviour with all participants, parents and co-workers.
- Use appropriate behaviour modification techniques when supervising participants.
- Attend regular staff meetings and training as required.
- Ensure all City of London policies and practices are adhered to.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in a preschool recreation or childcare environment
- Degree/Diploma in child related field (ECE, OCT etc) preferred
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of behaviour modification techniques.
- Current Vulnerable Positions Screening Police Reference Check satisfactory to the City of London.
- Certified in First Aid/CPR an asset.
||$11.50 to start per hour
Duration of employment will depend on class and participant registration and programs operate year round.
Please include resume, cover letter, contact information for two references and photocopies of certifications. Applicants will be required to produce a current Vulnerable Persons Police Check at the time of interview, or receipt that it has been applied for.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.