Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Parks and Recreation/Aquatics
|Posting Closed Date
||Aquatics - Summer Assistant Pool Manager
|Summary of Duties
||Under the supervision of an Aquatics Area Supervisor, the pool/asst pool manager is responsible for ensuring the safety of swimmers and providing a quality learn to swim program.
- To have at all times current: Standard First Aid w/ CPR C, National Lifeguard - Pool, Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, Lifesaving Society Instructor, Airway Management*, Automated External Defibrillation*, Bronze Cross Examiner, Vulnerable Persons Police Screening
- To carry out the duties of the Pool Manager in their absence.
- To be responsible for the supervision, breaks and evaluation of wading pool guard.
- To be knowledgeable of, and to enforce, all City of London Policies and other relevant legislation, including but not limited to health regulations, cash handling, computer and telephone usage, etc.
- To promote public water safety education and to be involved in Water Smart events.
- To be directly accountable for the activities and programs at his/her pool and to ensure all staff are performing the duties outlined in their job descriptions.
- To set an example for all staff as well as act as a resource person.
- To provide ongoing staff development including continuous support and feedback of job performance, personal and professional goal setting, as well as administering formal midseason and final performance appraisals.
- To be accountable for opening and closing procedures at his/her pool.
- To actively promote and advertise programs and activities scheduled at his/her facility.
- To set up and monitor a safe and efficient program schedule, including but not limited to: learn to swim, recreational teams, etc.
- To be responsible for scheduling at your facility and adjusting schedules as needed.
- To work no more than 40 hours per week or 8 hours per day and to adhere to the Employment Standards Act.
- To be actively involved in programming taking place in the facility, including but not limited to lessons and recreational swims.
- To ensure accurate, timely and complete submission of all forms and records including but not limited to financial, statistical and administrative information.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities listed in the Cashier, Building Attendant, Senior Guard, and Instructor/Guard job description.
- To attend and participate in all pre-season training sessions.
- To facilitate inservice training sessions and to ensure that the sessions follow the Aquatic Services Inservice Training Manual.
- To be accountable and available for all special and major events at his/her facility.
- To address, and report to management, all disciplinary issues involving the public or staff.
- To be a representative of the City of London and maintain a professional image at all times.
- To be in uniform at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
||$12.00 per hour
||Duration and hours may vary depending on length of season and daily weather conditions.
must apply online (www.london.ca/mycareer
) with a resume, cover letter and required qualifications.
All qualifications required for the position must be included with the application. Copies of permanent cards are preferred however temporary cards that are within 3 months of the certification date are acceptable. If you have not yet taken the required course but will be certified before summer, please provide proof of enrolment in the course. i.e. receipt.
Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)- all successful applicants will be required to obtain this check prior to starting employment however it is not required at the time of interview. Staff will not be permitted to work without this document.
who submitted a PVSC in summer 2012 or after may be required to fill out an Offence Declaration form. This will be indicated in your offer of employment. Electronic copies of this form can be found at www.london.ca/mycareer
under the ‘Notices’ section on the right-hand side. If a PVSC was not submitted since summer 2011, you will be required to submit a new one conducted in the past six (6) months. It can take up to 2 months to complete this process so please plan accordingly.
Please name uploaded documents (resume, etc.) starting with Last Name, then First Name.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.